Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Wake up...spoken word.

Wake up...

I like people who smile a lot....I like the way the sun heats up an asphalt parking lot... that's been transformed into a streetball court...i'm talking metal rims and all, you ever hear of a game called slamball? Gymnastics, basketball, and football, that's mean...just give me that oop off the backdoor trampoline...but that isn't all. I'm not just a jock. Sometimes on my harmonica i'll rock...out to a beat all by myself...just sit on my porch and listen to my own worst melody's melt...as i suck air through ten specific routes to make the sounds that i love to hear...i've always thought the highnote sounds like a bird chirpin in the clear...because he got away from a snake or a predaTORE..because he's made his way ahead some more... in his life of a little feathered creature..sometimes a bird can be a wonderful teacher..if you've ever seen an eagle soar like it owns what's below... you'll understand why some people walk the way they do, real cool and real slow...cuz maybe they are walking to find a place they want to rest...get away from life, a constant test...of your will, your integrity, and your willingness to fight...as father Marley would say "don't give up the right". What does that mean probably not many know, but there is more to it than getting high and coming back down low...
A person once told me that you can't be happy without money, but I see smiles on the faces of little kids in Africa with a malnutritioned tummy...some of them think that they have the life just because every day they get a full bowl of rice...so next time you're hungry why don't you just smile..because you know that you won't be hungry after while. The circle of life??? some have diameter bigger than others...but circle this classified, "Wanted: love for friends,family,sisters and brothers"

Most of us have never had to survive...we just keep waking up until we die.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Was this a school project?

Deana said...

My stomach is growling, but my face is smiling. Thanks for your astute observations.

Noah Sanderson, said...
This comment has been removed by the author.